Stillman St Chardonnay – White Selection 

 March 1, 2021

By  rackhouse

The approach to Chardonnay making is described by the folks at Stillman Street in the belief “in making Chardonnay that is fresh and full of vibrant, vineyard-inspired fruit—unpretentious, bistro-style wine that brings pleasure and offers great value. Capturing the bright orchard fruit flavors that make Chardonnays from the Sonoma County so enticing. Our Stillman Street Chardonnay is a perfect complement to modern cuisine, and a perfect get together wine. “

The Stillman Street Chardonnay is crafted from highly acclaimed vineyards, receiving 91 points from Wine Enthuesists in mid-January for the 2018 vintage, Stuhlmuller Vineyards on the banks of the Russian River where the 3 AVA’s of Alexander Valley, Chalk Hill and Russian River converge makes up 80% of the fruit. The other 20% comes from Jaxon Keys Vineyard in Mendocino, a vineyard that was planted in 1983 and provides small yields of beautifully concentrated fruit.

The 2018 growing season in Sonoma was characterized by many winemakers as exceptional. The Spring started with near perfect fruit set and the weather stayed consistent throughout the summer with many fewer heat spikes than normal. The season provided for an abundant crop with clean healthy fruit.

Acclaimed winemaker Leo Hansen was at the helm once again for this vintage. Leo used older French oak barrels to ferment and age roughly 50% of the wine. The wine in barrel was aged Sur Lie with frequent stirring for 10 months. The balance of the wine was aged in tank to blend in it’s natural crisp acidity while maintaining the vineyard fresh Chardonnay characteristics

Subtle pear and apple aromas are complimented by a slight touch of oak. On the pallet the orchard fruit ­flavors express themselves alongside layers of citrus, minerality and a hint of vanilla.

related posts:

Fleurs de Prairie – Rosé of Grenache Noir + Syrah + Carignan + Cinsault + Mourvèdre; Languedoc, France; 2023

Kung Fu Girl – Riesling; Ancient Lakes, Washington; 2023

VDR – Petit Verdot + Petit Sirah; Hames Valley, Monterey, California 2021

{"email":"Email address invalid","url":"Website address invalid","required":"Required field missing"}

Join the Wine Club

The Rack House KWW Wine Club is ideal for those who have a taste for the flavors of the world. Enjoy quarterly selections handpicked by our sommelier. Discounts, gift cards, exclusive events and free desserts are just some of the perks for being a member.